Digital News Editor
CHEK is looking for a highly competitive and experienced digital news editor to develop and champion its digital first strategy. If you live and breathe breaking news, thrive on audience engagement and want to play a leading role in a fiercely independent and forward thinking newsroom, we’d love to hear from you.
CHEK is the only independent, employee-owned television station in Canada. CHEK has the most watched newscast and has the highest online engagement of any news outlet on Vancouver Island.
In 2016, CHEK won the RTDNA award for best medium market newscast in Canada.
CHEK is based in Victoria, BC – one of the most desirable cities in Canada, with recreation opportunities and a lifestyle that is unmatched.
• Experienced multimedia journalist
• Relevant post secondary diploma or degree
• Team leader
• Excels under pressure
• Video editing and graphics skills an asset
• Lead, support and motivate a team of journalists in digital first strategy
• Responsible for creation and editing of on-line content and social media
• Mine social media and data sources to surface stories first
• Work with news team to ensure content is customized for maximize value on each platform
• Develop and implement strategies to grow distribution on current and emerging social media
• Work with digital team in redevelopment of website and app
• Analyze digital metrics
This is a new position reporting to news director and digital manager, Rob Germain.
Please submit a resume and covering letter by March 10, 2017 to:
Peggy Heyer, Human Resource Manager
CHEK Media Group