Flavours of the West Coast is back with new recipes, new discoveries and
new adventures around our province in Series 4 Saturdays at 6:30pm on CHEK,
starting January 7, 2016.
Each episode will showcase a region of BC where we meet some of those
passionately involved in the food systems and learn how they are forging
ahead with local, sustainable, healthy food production from small farms to
organic cattle and all that exceptional seafood! We then come back to our
studio kitchen in Victoria where top chef Steve-Walker Duncan creates a
dish inspired from the region, sharing lots of great cooking tips along the
way. Then to finish the whole thing off, Chef Ali Ryan from Spinnakers
Gastro Brewpub offers some fantastic wine/beer pairing to go with the
You can also have fun by entering our competition, run by FORTIS BC and
Spinnakers Gastro Brewpub with the winners receiving either a fabulous
brand new gas BBQ or a night away at Spinnakers including a 3 course dinner
1. Saturday 7th January VICTORIA – THE TEA CULTURE
High tea with the Lieutenant Governor, wild tisanes in the woods, and
Canada’s first tea plantation.
2. Saturday 14th January HOPE
Chef will be eating ants.
3. Saturday 21st January RICHMOND – JAPANESE CUISINE
Canada’s only certified Sake Master in action, secrets of great Ramen and
preparing sea urchin.
4. Saturday 28th January UCLUELET
Farming and preparing sea oysters.
5. Saturday 4th February CRESTON
Local cheese and wine.
6. Saturday 11th February COMOX VALLEY
Benefits of the amazing hemp plant. Hempscream anyone?
7. Saturday 18th February SQUAMISH
Meet the Booze Witch. She will entrance you.
8. Saturday 25th February DUNCAN
Free range rabbits, and local wines? Sounds like the perfect rabbit stew
in the making.
9. Saturday 4th March GRAND FORKS
Doukhabour Cuisine and Chef Steve gets to be a cowboy for a day.
10. Saturday 11th March VANCOUVER – SUSTAINABLE EATING IN THE
Ugly Duckling dinners made from the parts others reject.
11. Saturday 18th March VICTORIA – FARM TO TABLE
What does ‘Farm to Table’ really mean?
12. Saturday 25th March NELSON
Have you ever wondered how Tofu is made?
13. Saturday 1st April NANAIMO
34 different ways of enjoying a Nanaimo Bar. The imagination goes wild.